[ubuntu-uk] mythtv

norman norman at littletank.org
Wed May 27 11:52:38 BST 2009

I have just tried to make a DVD recording for the first time in about a
year and have hit a snag and I wonder if someone could give me a hint or
two, please. The recording process gives up near the end with an error
message saying it cannot find /dev/dvd and, on checking, there is no
such directory. Further checking shows that when I first set up mythtv I
set 'Location of DVD device' to /dev/dvd and had no problems.

Since initially setting up mythtv I have upgraded several times and am
running 8.10 on this PC at the moment.

Norman