[ubuntu-uk] Missing Repositories....

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Tue May 26 16:18:33 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 10:18 +0100, John wrote:
> Matthew Daubney wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Sorry about the slow reply, can you send us the contents of the
> > about:plugins page in Firefox? (just type about:plugins into the address
> > bar). For reference mine says something along the lines of
> > Shockwave Flash
> >         File name: libflashplayer.so
> >         Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
> >
> > We just need to see if you have conflicting flash players installed. I
> > might not be able to reply until this evening, stupid exam this
> > afternoon (Atomic Physics and Quantum Optics II, urgh). Hopefully
> > someone else can help mend this before I get back though.
> >
> > -Matt Daubney
> >
> Oh wow, all the best for the exams today, they sound difficult. Wouldnt
> have a clue where to even start with that.
>
> I took a copy, and posted it here
>
> http://pastebin.com/m263020ca
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> John.

Hi John,

That wasn't as useful as I'd hoped. Can you run firefox from the command
line (open a terminal, type firefox, hit enter) then browse to a page
that causes the crash and paste any output back on the command line
after the crash.

Hopefully this will give us some more information.

-Matt Daubney