[ubuntu-uk] KDE Konqueror problem

Kevin Frost ubuntu-uk at g1bwt.me.uk
Tue May 26 15:17:21 BST 2009

Hi there

Apologies if this list is Ubuntu (Gnome) specific, but my problem is with a UK
based bank.

I am using Kubuntu 9.04, KDE 4.2.3 (although Konqueror is showing as KDE
4.2.2), with all available security updates.

Up until I moved from KDE 3.5 I was able to browse the Abbey bank online
banking site. Upon moving to KDE 4.x I have not been able to use Konqueror to
access the site at all - URL:
https://myonlineaccounts2.abbeynational.co.uk/CentralLogonWeb/Logon?action=prepare

I don't get as far as the login screen.

I now constantly get a "Connection to Server Refused" page with additionally
"myonlineaccounts2.abbeynational.co.uk: SSL negotiation failed"

I can access a number of https sites using konqueror without problem. I can
access the Abbey online site using Firefox.

I have found various bugs associated with SSL in the various bug reporting
systems, but they are for sites that I don't have a problem with.

I have cleaned out the cookies for Abbey with no effect.

In the konqueror settings, a test of OpenSSL shows it loading properly, and
the path for the OpenSSL shared libraries is valid.

I have created a brand new user with all the default KDE settings to no avail.

Does anyone else have this problem with Abbey. Does anyone have an idea as to
a work around?

Kevin
--
Kevin Frost