[ubuntu-uk] Missing Repositories....

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Mon May 25 16:40:12 BST 2009

<snip>
> I just took a snapshot of what is in my Software Sources, and the Local
> Rep isnt there.
>
> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/jmatt21/Misc/?action=view&current=Sofsource01.png
>
> Where did that go?
>
> John

Hi John,

I've just checked, and it doesn't appear in mine, even though the
Local/main repo is in synaptic. At a guess (and I can't find any info to
confirm/deny this...) the local repo is an internal repo to synaptic, so
will need synaptic refreshed to find it?

I assume you've clicked reload in synaptic? If that fails then try sudo
dpkg-reconfigure synaptic

I've had a play using your now sources.list in my synaptic and some of
them appeared before refreshing then disappeared. I assume this was
because those packages don't appear in the repos so they're put into
this local list?

I shouldn't worry about it, they where probably there because of the
broken sources list, and now exist in the real sources list!

-Matt Daubney