[ubuntu-uk] Missing Repositories....

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Mon May 25 15:54:44 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 15:22 +0100, John wrote:
<snip>

> The list has changed since updating the SynPkgMng.  The other
> problem is, when refreshing the Syn.Pack.Mgr, I get this warning message,
> W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://archive.canonical.com
> jaunty/partner Packages
> (/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.canonical.com_ubuntu_dists_jaunty_partner_binary-i386_Packages)
>
> So I still have a duplicate in there somewhere.
>
> Plus, this is what happens after I add the Medibuntu Reps.
>
> this is before
> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/jmatt21/Misc/?action=view&current=Syn01.png
>
> This is after
> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/jmatt21/Misc/?action=view&current=Syn-102.png
>
> I know its different, because i have my netbook open, and the medibuntu
> reps show up there, but dont change anything, they just get added under
> th rest of the list and the local reps still show.
>
> Hope the links work now, had terrible problems with photobucket, because
> I cant get the flah to work and pB is full of flash stuff.
>
> John

Hi John,

We're almost there! That last duplicate is because you have a seperate
list file for the partner repo. To fix this, simply run

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jaunty-partner.list

That should be all one line. Then run

sudo aptitude update

And that should hopefully bring back your local one.

Hope that works!

-Matt Daubney