[ubuntu-uk] Missing Repositories....

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Mon May 25 15:22:20 BST 2009

Matthew Daubney wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 14:45 +0100, John wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Yay, ok that worked, and I have a picture of what it looks like in the
>> Synaptic package manager. I also use the Medibuntu Repositories for
>> being able to watch vids and things, and this is where things change
>> when I upload them. The Local Main and Local Universe Repositories
>> disappear. I can show you the pictures before and after if you like. I
>> havent added the Medibuntu Reps yet, until I can work out if that is
>> normal when added.
>>
>> Your a star though, I really appreciate the patience you have shown
>> trying to help me.
>>
>> John
>>

> Hi John, that would be useful thanks.
>
> -Matt Daubney

Hi, sorry its taken me so long to get back to you, been trying to
update. The list has changed since updating the SynPkgMng.  The other
problem is, when refreshing the Syn.Pack.Mgr, I get this warning message,
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://archive.canonical.com
jaunty/partner Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.canonical.com_ubuntu_dists_jaunty_partner_binary-i386_Packages)

So I still have a duplicate in there somewhere.

Plus, this is what happens after I add the Medibuntu Reps.

this is before
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/jmatt21/Misc/?action=view&current=Syn01.png

This is after
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v420/jmatt21/Misc/?action=view&current=Syn-102.png

I know its different, because i have my netbook open, and the medibuntu
reps show up there, but dont change anything, they just get added under
th rest of the list and the local reps still show.

Hope the links work now, had terrible problems with photobucket, because
I cant get the flah to work and pB is full of flash stuff.

John