[ubuntu-uk] Missing Repositories....

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Mon May 25 13:51:02 BST 2009

Hi John,

Following from those two emails, I think this can be fixed by doing the
following:

1. In a terminal run "sudo
cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.backup " just in case we
need it
2. Open your sources.list in your favourite editor (sudo
gedit /etc/apt/sources.list) and select EVERYTHING then delete it. (We
still have a backup if this goes wrong)

3. Paste in the following.

#
# deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 9.04 _Jaunty Jackalope_ - Release i386
(20090420.1)]/ jaunty main restricted
#
# See http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes for how to upgrade
#
# newer versions of the distribution.
#

#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty main restricted
#
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty restricted main
multiverse universe #Added by software-properties
#

#
## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
#
## distribution.
#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates main restricted
#
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates restricted main
multiverse universe #Added by software-properties
#

#
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
Ubuntu
#
## team. Also, please note that software in universe WILL NOT receive
any
#
## review or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty universe
#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates universe
#

#
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
Ubuntu
#
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as
#
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
#
## multiverse WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
#
## security team.
#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty multiverse
#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates multiverse
#

#
## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the
'backports'
#
## repository.
#
## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
#
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it
includes
#
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful
features.
#
## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any
review
#
## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
#
# deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-backports main
restricted universe multiverse
#
# deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-backports main
restricted universe multiverse
#

#
## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from Canonical's
#
## 'partner' repository.
#
## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by Canonical and
the
#
## respective vendors as a service to Ubuntu users.
#
deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu jaunty partner
#
deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu jaunty partner
#

#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-security main restricted
#
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-security restricted
main multiverse universe #Added by software-properties
#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-security universe
#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-proposed restricted main
multiverse universe
#
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-proposed restricted
main multiverse universe
#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-backports restricted main
multiverse universe
#
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-backports restricted
main multiverse universe
#
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-security multiverse
#
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/blueman/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
#
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/blueman/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
#
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
#
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

I think I've got rid of all the duplicates in that list now.

4. Save it, and run sudo apt-get update

I've attached that list as a text file in case your email software chops
it up a bit. Let us know if you get more duplicate entry errors and then
I'll be able to see if I missed any.

Hope that helps!

-Matt Daubney