[ubuntu-uk] Missing Repositories....

Harry Rickards hrickards at l33tmyst.com
Mon May 25 13:24:47 BST 2009

On 05/25/09 13:09, John wrote:
> Harry Rickards wrote:

>>> Hi, Ijust did that no, and th repositories added more that have become
>>> duplicate.I need to to be able to removethe duplicates. This is a bit
>>> confusing.
>>>
>>> John.
>>>

>> I'm afraid I've run out of ideas then. Just out of interest, does the
>> problem still occur if you use aptitude (aptitude update)?
>>
>> Sorry for not being of more help
>>
>> - --
>> Many thanks
>> Harry Rickards
>>

> Hi, I have not used aptitude update, do I just use those words? Not hear
> of that before.
>
> John

Yeah, aptitude is the newer version of apt-get. People either hate it or
love it, but it's now the recommended package manager on Debian (which
Ubuntu is sorta based on). To use it with the CLI interface, just use it
the same way as apt-get but with apt-get instead of aptitude.

- --
Many thanks
Harry Rickards