[ubuntu-uk] Missing Repositories....

Harry Rickards hrickards at l33tmyst.com
Sun May 24 18:38:42 BST 2009

On 05/24/09 18:13, John wrote:
> Harry Rickards wrote:
>>
>> On 05/24/09 10:43, jakewc2 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, well, in my looking roundd to try get this working, I'm still not
>>> able to get the flash video working in FF. Doing a apt-get update, this
>>> has appeared in the terminal.
>>> =====================================================================================
>>>
>> <snip messages>
>>

>>> ========================================================================================
>>>
>>> I tried running apt-get update to correct it like it says and I still
>>> get that. I still have some missing repositories, that I dont that have
>>> some of the programs I need.
>>>
>>> I just found this out trying to follow the e-mail Alan sent about adding
>>> the extra's. I cant ad them, because it says they are there.
>>>
>>> How do I get around this?
>>> John
>>> ==============================
>>>
>>> On 23/05/2009, *John* <jakewc2 at sky.com <mailto:jakewc2 at sky.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     For some reason and I think this might be the eason I cant get the
>>>     flash videos to work, it seems I am missing my Local Repositories. I
>>>     am not sure why. I am only guessing this because I cant find a few
>>>     of the video and music installations, plus, when I check what I have
>>>     on my netbook against what is on my laptop in VM they dont seem to
>>>     be there. I have looked in the repositories software sources, but
>>>     they arent there. Nor are they in the Synaptic package Manager
>>>     either. I have installed everything I can find in the Medibuntu
>>>     rep's. Is there anywhere else I can look to find them?
>>>
>>>     I still cant play any flash vids at all. Its really strange.
>>>
>>>     John.
>>>

>> What's the contents of your sources.list? (Open up a terminal and type
>> cat /etc/apt/sources.list). If possible, try pasting it to PasteBin
>> (pastebin.com) instead of here.
>> - --
>> Many thanks
>> Harry Rickards
>>

> Hi Thank you for your message. I did that, and I got an even longer
> error message when updating Synaptic.
>
> http://pastebin.com/d2ca2d1d2
>
> Is there anyway to get rid of the duplicates? Plus, for some reason, the
> only place that the whole list of repositories appears is when you call
> it in the Terminal. It doesnt show in either the Synaptic or the
> Software Sources box. I though if you added something to both, it should
> show in both.
>
> Its seems a bit of a mess at the moment.
>
> John.

It should display in both yeah. I did reply to your other message with
the Pastebin link, but here it is again:

Try using this instead (pastebin won't let me post it, apparently it's
spam):

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty main restricted universe
multiverse
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty restricted main