[ubuntu-uk] thomson router TG585v7 set up

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun May 24 09:53:48 BST 2009

norman wrote:
>> > My current router is about to die and I have a router supplied by my ISP
>> > which I have been trying to set up. I have followed all the available
>> > instructions but the end result is that I cannot make contact to the web
>> > set up. I enter the address supplied into Firefox and get no contact. I
>> > have read lots of references and still cannot make contact. I am using
>> > Ubuntu 8.10. Please can someone point me to where I can read what to do?
>>
>> what is the address supplied that you are using in your browser?
>
> 192.168.1.254
>>
>> which browser are you using to contact the router?
>
> Firefox
>>
>> Are you using an ethernet cable connection between the PC and therouter?
>
> Yes, the one supplied with the router. The light on the PC is on as is
> the light on the router.

if I understand correctly that you have the PC connected to the new
router only, then I would be inclined to maybe try remove power from
the router, then re apply power. Then re boot the PC. Then if your
numbers still do not work, then try more conventional numbers such as
192.168.1.1
good luck
--
alan cocks