[ubuntu-uk] Scrambled screen

Guy Thouret lists at thouret.co.uk
Thu May 21 14:05:59 BST 2009

Hi Greg,

To try and address your original problem:
Do you get any errors displayed when your screen scrambles?
Try dropping to a terminal by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1
Type in tail -n50 /var/log/Xorg.0.log
Look for any lines that start (EE)
These lines and the ones directly before and after should give enough
information to diagnose what the issue is.

Alternatively, an easier way might be to start up using the live CD,
mount the file system of your hard drive and open the
file /var/log/Xorg.0.log
You can probably then copy and paste the log to this list.

Guy.