[ubuntu-uk] Dell XPS M1530 fresh install WiFi probs

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed May 20 08:33:59 BST 2009

Kris Douglas wrote:
> Hello everyone, I've been having some problems with the wireless on my
> M1530, it seems, every [insert very similar number of minutes] my
> wireless card just disconnects, it says it is connected to a network,
> but the machine doesn't actually have internet access...

What do you have installed, and which WiFi card does it have?  I
installed Ubuntu Jaunty on my M1530 (which has a Broadcom WiFi NIC)
without issues, and upgrade to Intrepid with zero hassle.

Incidentally, if anyone in the Central Belt of Scotland is interested in
buying said M1530[1], ping me off list.  I hardly use it since getting a
MacBook Pro (sorry!) :)

-n

[1] 2.0GHz Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 15" TruBrite screen, 2mp
webcam, etc.