[ubuntu-uk] Installing Ubuntu using wubi on Vista Home machine.....

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Wed May 20 01:01:46 BST 2009

Sean Miller wrote:
> Really, John, what is the issue with just letting Ubuntu install
> itself in the normal way?
>
> I find Wubi really annoying [if people haven't noticed already].
>
> Don't see the need for it, apart from people who want to install it as
> an application on their Windows desktop.
>
> Sean

Oh and another thing, I forgot to mention, I have managed to get two
peopel to try Ubuntu, using Wubi, and it installed, once I found out
about the disc, really well, they are both trying it and seem to be
getting on with it too. I wouldnt have been able to do that if I had had
to partition. Which would have meant they wouldnt have been able to try
Ubuntu.

John.