[ubuntu-uk] Dell XPS M1530 fresh install WiFi probs

Kris Douglas webbox.uk at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:37:08 BST 2009

2009/5/18 Kris Douglas <webbox.uk at gmail.com>:
> 2009/5/18 Matthew Daubney <matt at daubers.co.uk>:
>> Hi Kris,
>>
>> Don't know if this is of any use to you:
>> http://www.megalinux.net/solution-dell-xps-m1530-ubuntu-810-system-freeze-issue/
>>
>> Otherwise file a bug?
>>
>> -Daubers
>
> Thanks, I'm restarting the machine now to see if it's kicked in :)
>
> --
> Kris Douglas

After hours of messing and a reinstall I still haven't come to a
solution for this problem, the wifi still intermittently drops out.

I am at a miss, I've never had problems like this on this machine with
Ubuntu... Maybe it's a hardware problem, yet I don't seem to have any
problems with Windows.

It may be the hardware, but I don't think I have another mini-pci
wireless card to try, so it will end up with me buying one.

Any more possible ideas would be much appreciated, as Matt's was.

--
Kris Douglas