[ubuntu-uk] Installing the Nicotine client

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Tue May 19 11:51:23 BST 2009

Absolutely -- I got rid of the package that I was originally planning to
install manually, and obtained instead the self-installing package,
using Synaptic Package Manager (which automatically determined that it
also needed to download and install several Python dependencies), and it
ran first time. To make it even easier, I had the option on my BT
HomeHub of permitting Soulseek to set its own port forwarding, and that
worked for Nicotine as well. I am a little surprised that it was so
easy! Thanks for the tip.

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 11:06 +0100, ubuntu-uk-request at lists.ubuntu.com