[ubuntu-uk] dial up connection?

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Mon May 18 06:13:40 BST 2009

Sean Miller wrote:
> He said it was a "dial-up ADSL broadband modem"... I think it's
> something like an Alcatel, not a dial-up in the traditional sense (ie.
> not 56k PSTN).

Ah!  Oh well, perhaps I shouldn't have bothered spending a couple of
hours (again!) trying to get a 56kbps HSF modem working in Ubuntu;  but
it's all learning, isn't it?  Trouble is, I've only ever managed this
twice, and only once with Ubuntu:  a Hardy on an ancient Compaq.  (The
other time was with Debian Etch on an equally ancient Dell laptop.)

"Why do you do it?" I hear you cry.  Because (like Everest) it's there!

mac