[ubuntu-uk] dial up connection?

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun May 17 20:46:10 BST 2009

I suggested a solution, which is to get a router.

I am afraid that trying to get things like Alcatel Speedtouch modems
etc. working takes more time than it's worth - there are a load of
routers out there being given away for free.  By the time you've tried
to download drivers etc. you'll have spent so much time it would have
been better to have bunged somebody a tenner for their old router.

That was my advice.

I didn't like the way he said "I don't have any time, so you lot it
for me" or similar - felt it was not what the list is about.  And
probably reacted too strongly.

Sorry for being rude, not normally my way.

Sean