[ubuntu-uk] LVD (maybe)

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Sat May 16 18:23:21 BST 2009

Hi Al

Ah-ha,  everything becomes clearer with the right acronym!  Thanks.

However, still not too sure about things having read the documentation.

Can someone confirm for me please that:

- the disk / partition's metadata is left intact and correctly formatted so
that a physical drive can be moved between machines without problems -
presumeing the correct commands are issued to remove the drive from the
virtual drive;

and

- when writing to the virtual disc, LVm won't split large files over
multiple physical partitions / drives unless specifically told to do so?

Ian