[ubuntu-uk] Broadband Modem peer-to-peer

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Sat May 16 11:25:09 BST 2009

The other alternative to land based ADSL / Broadband is the 3G variety.

That being said, remember that if she changes ISPs, she may also have to
change Email addresses - not a problem if it's just close knit group that
contacts her thusly.

Personally, I'd go for the capped Broadband and make sure you/she reads
through the small print for things like minimum contract  period and renewal
times.

The last alternative, and I only mention as it is one, is to utilise a
nextdoor neighbour's connection through wireless ....

Oh, and dial up won't be disappearing totally, but will be hard to find, as
there's still locations where Broadband is not available.  I suppose she
could dial into your network for connectivity, as long as her phone provider
tariff provided her with free calls when she needed to connect ....
remembering of course that this would tie up your own home line, unless you
were a two line household!

Cheers

Ian