[ubuntu-uk] Netbooks loosing Linux for Windows 7

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Thu May 14 13:26:57 BST 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM, jakewc2 <jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:
> Who is Bill Weinburg? Is he something high up in the Linux world, I came
> across this article which has cropped up from the article I posted. It seems
> thigns are hotting up because of that article.

I do not know about this Bill, however he starts his article with «A
well-known Linux analyst
has published a blog saying that Linux is failing in the
once-promising netbook market.»,
which is an EPIC FAIL by itself.

Let's examine this first sentence,
1. The information does not come from the analyst's blog (it's a
result of interview/contact).
2. The analyst did not say that 'Linux is failing in the
once-promising netbook market' (the analyst make a prediction)
3. That 'analyst' is not a 'Linux' analyst. In
http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2009/04/21/lenovo-analyst-linux-on-netbooks-is-doomed/
we see that the said analyst has very low grasp of what open-source
and Linux is about.
4. The analyst is actually only now 'well-known' in the open-source
community because of the blorge.com articles that expose him as an
uninformed person.

Simos
http://simos.info/blog/