[ubuntu-uk] Upgrading to Jaunty

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue May 12 12:19:36 BST 2009

Rowan Berkeley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded from 8.10 to 9.04 this morning, and it was absolutely
> painless. I didn't lose any of my personal data or preferences, as far
> as I can see, though it reverted my user log-in from automatic to
> manual.

That's good to hear.  You should be re-enable automatic login by doing
the following:

Click the System Menu, select Administration and then Login Window.

You'll need to enter your password.

When the Login Windows Preferences window appears, click on the Security
Tab and then either tick Enable Automatic Login.  You'll also have to
select the user who you want to automatically login although if you're
the only user on the system then you will only have one user to select.
Then click Close.

When you restart the machine you should automatically login when Ubuntu
starts up.

Rob