[ubuntu-uk] DOS file undelete

David Restall - System Administrator dave at restall.net
Fri May 8 22:22:05 BST 2009

Hi,

I have a memory stick that's died.  I have managed to do a dd from
it and have the contents in a file.  I can mount this but some of the
files are missing.  I can see the contents of the files using strings
on the image but they don't show up using ls when I mount the image.
I think the files are marked as deleted, is there a utility out there
that will let me browse the file system so I can recover the files ?
I thought there was an mundelete but can't find it in mtools.  It's been
a long day and my brain is asleep :-(

Regards,

ubuntu/uk-2009-05-08.tx                                        ubuntu-uk
| Dave Restall, Computer Nerd, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger          |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave at restall.net                     Web : Not Ready Yet :-(       |