[ubuntu-uk] Problems with watching training videos on Ubuntu

ant burton apburton84 at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 11:01:01 BST 2009

Hi John,

Do you have ubuntu-restricted-extras installed, If not sudo apt-get install
ubuntu-restricted-extras. And have a look at
http://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats for more info

Ant

On May 5, 2009 10:52 AM, "John" <jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:

I just reformatted my laptop harddrive, reinstalled windows xp and the
installed Ubunti 9.04 through wubi. Its seems to be working really well.
It automatically left out compiz and I can only use the basic Visual
effect, which is fine by me.

In windows, I dont have any problems watching embeded videos of any
form, but in Ubuntu, for some reason, it doesnt even like me going to a
page with videos. Can somebody point me in a direction to ry get these
to work?

I'm trying to watch the Training videos on the Ubuntu site, but I cat
even get the page to download, it just hangs.

Thank you.

John

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/