[ubuntu-uk] 9.04: Is the (newish) GNOME logout menu controllable by keyboard?

David M lists2009 at trancepod.netmx.co.uk
Mon May 4 23:28:44 BST 2009

Daniel Rhodes-Mumby wrote in gmane.linux.ubuntu.user.british

> On my box running Karmic here, you can press Ctrl-Alt-Del to popup a shutdown
> menu, although it doesn't offer an option to logout or switch users.
> I'm pretty sure the shortcut was in Jaunty and Intrepid as well.

Thanks for that: again, not another key combo that it would have
occurred to me to use, since it /obviously/ does bad things.. ;-)

(You can imagine how perplexed I was the first time I came across a
Whinedos box that asked me to do that in order to login..)

--
David M.  Edinburgh, Scotland. ---- [en,fr,(de) <-- corrections welcome]
* Please only quote minimum required for context; interleave reply text.