[ubuntu-uk] Playing embeded flash movies.

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Mon May 4 13:01:53 BST 2009

Hi, I finally took the plunge, reformatted my harddrive on my laptop,
and installed Ubuntu 9.04 through wubi on an xp machine. It installed
the very basic verion, so there arent any compiz capabilities, which are
fine by me, at least I can use Ubuntu on my laptop now.

My problem is, I am trying to watch the Ubuntu Screencasts, but it just
wont play. Sometimes it wont even download onto the page, it just hangs.
I have tried following some of the instructions found to install some
packages, and free flash player versions, but it still wont work.

Can somebody point me in the right direction, for getting flash to play
on my laptop please?

Thank you.

John.