[ubuntu-uk] Click downloaded Ubuntu

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Sun May 3 21:35:15 BST 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Harry Rickards <hrickards at l33tmyst.com> wrote:

> On 3 May 2009, at 21:18, David King <linuxman at avoura.com> wrote:
>
>> I was watching the BBC News 24 TV programme "Click" broadcast this
>> weekend. When they were testing a 100 Mbit/s broadband connection,
>> they
>> used it to download two copies of Ubuntu 9.04 simultaneously. A good
>> advert for Ubuntu.
>
> Just out of interest, how long did it take?

It showed only a short segment of the download, demonstrating that
the download speed was about 77Mbps. It appeared that the issue of choosing
the Ubuntu ISO had to do with the availability of a fast distribution
server, so one can
put together a simple benchmark. Still, this was good.

If you get 'get_iplayer' (http://linuxcentre.net/iplayer), then you
can download the episode
with

get_iplayer --get 128               (expires on the 10th May)

Simos