[ubuntu-uk] Click downloaded Ubuntu

Harry Rickards hrickards at l33tmyst.com
Sun May 3 21:32:54 BST 2009

On 3 May 2009, at 21:25, Michael Douglas <mehall at mehall.co.cc> wrote:

> 100 Mbit/s? Best guess inside of 3mins.
>
> Harry Rickards wrote:
>> On 3 May 2009, at 21:18, David King <linuxman at avoura.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I was watching the BBC News 24 TV programme "Click" broadcast this
>>> weekend. When they were testing a 100 Mbit/s broadband connection,
>>> they
>>> used it to download two copies of Ubuntu 9.04 simultaneously. A good
>>> advert for Ubuntu.
>>>

>> Just out of interest, how long did it take?
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Harry Rickards (a.k.a l33tmyst)

I suppose now I think of it, the CD is approx 700 MB, so multiply that
by 8 and you get 5600 Mb. If the connection is 100 Mb/s, one copy will
take roughly 56 seconds so two will take approx (I just know some
broadband expert will come and give me some value I haven't factored
in, like surely the ping to the server should be in there somewhere) 1
min 52 sec.