[ubuntu-uk] Permanently disable Compiz

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun May 3 02:22:55 BST 2009

As I said in my original post:

>> But even
>> changing my Appearance settings to None, Compiz is still my window
>> manager - it's just not adding any effects.

AFAICS, anyway, disabling effects still leaves Compiz the WM, just
with the chrome disabled. It's dog-slow, anyway, whereas Metacity is
reasonably quick.

It's sufficiently slow that on my Pentium M 1.6GHz PC with 1GB of RAM
running off a 7200rpm 160GB disk, it can't keep up with my ~80wpm
typing in Gedit. That's unusably slow to me and makes Ubuntu massively
unpleasant to use.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508