[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 9.04 Performance Issue

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Fri May 1 00:07:01 BST 2009

Hi Folks

Following on from my earlier query about poor OOO 3.0 performance under Ubuntu 9.04 Wubi, I decided to conduct an experiment.

One of the great joys of Wubi is that it can be uninstalled in a few minutes without having a fundamental impact on the rest of your computer. I uninstalled 9.04, reinstalled 8.10, removed OOO 2.4 and installed OOO 3.0 (Debian package).

The result is that OOO 3.0 on Ubuntu 8.10 Wubi runs great. No performance issues. I can only conclude, therefore, that the fundamental problem lies with Ubuntu 9.04. I will, however, be reverting back to 9.04 to test out the suggestions kindly made by forum contributors before deciding on a final configuration.

Regards

Nige Verity