[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu broken, low graphics mode, no sound

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Tue Mar 31 22:32:35 BST 2009

I got the normal graphics settings back by reselecting the nvidia driver
through the system settings, only for it to then remove about half my
installed programs!!

Grrrr...

This is the first time I have had a serious problem with Ubuntu, and
this is really annoying. Virtual Box has disappeared, for example, along
with Compiz, although I reinstalled that.

When things like this can happen with an OS, I am reluctant to ever
recommend it to anyone again unless this problem is prevented by being
fixed asap.

I just hope it does not take too long to get my system back to where it
was before when it was all working okay.

David King