[ubuntu-uk] Firefox, Swiftfox and Swiftweasel

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 31 21:18:46 BST 2009

I have Firefox on two machines side-by-side right now, one running
Ubuntu 8.10 and the other running Windows XP, and Firefox runs extremely
fast on the Ubuntu machine and extremely slow on the Windows one. I
admit the machine running Ubuntu has a faster CPU, but the freezing and
lagging you describe are and have always been Windows-related problems
for me, and I have had none of them on the Ubuntu machine at all.
Perhaps you are using an older version of Ubuntu, like 8.04?

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 21:02 +0100, ubuntu-uk-request at lists.ubuntu.com