[ubuntu-uk] [marketing] great-grandma-takes-internet-shopping-by-storm-with-ubuntu

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Mar 31 18:06:44 BST 2009

2009/3/31 alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com>:
> Dianne Reuby wrote:
>> I've Stumbled it.
>
> Thanks Dianne
>
> Do yuo have  a link I could refer to? I am not into stumble, does it
> work like that with a link?

Stumbleupon works by people having a toolbar in their browser. Two
things happen.

1) People submit stuff they 'find' but clicking a little thumbs up
icon. They give it a description, tags etc and that's it, it's in the
stumbleupon database.
2) People get bored, and click the 'stumble' button in the toolbar, if
their profile matches the tags on that submitted page they may get to
see it, and they can then (optionally) thumbs up or thumbs down the
article.

You can visit stumbleupon and find the link to the submitted site but
that's generally not how it's used.

Cheers,
Al.