[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu pre-installed computer prices

Paul Broadhead pjbroad at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 19:01:07 GMT 2009

Eddie Bernard wrote:

> My reason for contacting you all is a sort of market research, if
> you'll be kind enough to allow that. I am interested in your opinion
> on pricing for a computer with Ubuntu pre-installed, as it's a market
> I am currently looking into.

Personally, I look at the price for the same machine with windows and
expect to see a suitable reduction in price because Linux does not
normally cost anything.

Some retailers who will remain unnamed, have cheaper machines with
Linux pre-installed but the specification is slightly worse than for
one with windows.  This makes me suspicious and puts me off considering
a purchase.

--
Paul Broadhead