[ubuntu-uk] Joiku wireless connection......

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Mar 25 09:44:50 GMT 2009

2009/3/25 Matt Jones <matt at mattjones.me.uk>:
> I use it on my N95, it just works from what I can tell, it asks to
> connect to the 3g connection, then sets up an unencrypted acess point.
> What phone are you using?

I used to have my one unencrypted, but too many people on trains
started using it which slowed it down for me.

On one occasion someone using a mac started using it, so I opened up
Pidgin and enabled the bonjour protocol, knowing that the Mac iChat
program supports it. I could then see in pidgin the person using my
wifi. I sent them a message along the lines of.. "Hello", "Yes, you
can use my wifi" :)

Yay open protocols.

Cheers,
Al.