[ubuntu-uk] Manchester Ubuntu Release Party

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Sat Mar 21 18:44:13 GMT 2009

BBC sounds like a great location. For a local repo I would suggest
installing apt-cacher on something and pointing to it as a proxy server
in synaptic. Works a treat. Caches stuff and collects new packages on
demand. You can then remove the proxy settings to be pointing back at
the main repos.

Alan.