[ubuntu-uk] Launch Party Manchester

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:18:19 GMT 2009

2009/3/20 Matt <matthaslam at ntlworld.com>:
> Hi
>
> I personally would prefer the venue not to be a pub. A community setting
> would be more appropriate. I would like the launch to promote
> meaningfully and not just be a party

I'm actually thinking the release party should just be a party, it
will give everyone a chance to meet up and talk about promoting Ubuntu
further or provide advice as people try to upgrade.

Several people have mentioned it not being in a pub though. I'm asking
around about alternative venues at the moment but it will be a few
days/a week until I know some more. In the meantime please keep
suggestions coming in and fill out the survey so we know what date to
hold it on.