[ubuntu-uk] Manchester Ubuntu Release Party

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Fri Mar 20 11:18:31 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:03:38AM +0000, Lucy wrote:
> Right, I've given this at least 3 minutes worth of thought..
>
> It looks like Manchester has a large population of Ubuntu users, not
> to mention other GNU/Linux users as well. I think it's time more of us
> got together and the upcoming Jaunty release gives us the perfect
> opportunity. So following Jono Bacon's advice [1], I think we should
> organise a release party around the time of the release - it happens
> on Thursday 23rd April but the weekend of 24/25th April might be more
> appropriate.
>
> Question is, are people interested and where and when could we have the party?

We were gonna try and organise something over at LivLUG, but I guess it
makes more sense, Manchester is a nice central location for people up
north.

I'll be up for it, and i'm sure a few of my friends and a few LUG
members will be up for it. Location-wise, how about the Marbella Cafe?
That is, if it's still open and has it's cluster of Linux machines, I
think it'll be quite fitting.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/