[ubuntu-uk] Introduction

Matt matthaslam at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 19 07:24:02 GMT 2009

Hello everyone

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I am an experienced
Linux user, living in South Manchester. My interest is in the promotion
of free software to the general public. I am an experienced Ubuntu user,
web designer and can program in Java and Python to an intermediate
level.

My hope is to help create a South Manchester Ubuntu group, that could
organise regular meetings providing installation and usage advice as
well as attend events within the local community to promote free
software and help people move away from their usual (and expensive)
OS's.

I have helped a number of people convert to using Ubuntu and the
response has always been positive. I hope this can be broadened to the
wider community in a face-to-face way. I believe that around the
Chorlton area of the city this would be embraced with open arms

Thanks for your time.

Matt