[ubuntu-uk] BBC won't support Linux

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Tue Mar 17 00:14:47 GMT 2009

Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/3/16 Tim Dobson <lists at tdobson.net>:
>> Sorry but I have to defend the bbc here.
>>

> I wasn't knocking the BBC, merely musing on the current situation and
> where I'd like to see them go in the future. There was no ill intent
> meant on my part towards the BBC.

My post wasn't directed personally at you, but at the thread, sorry if
it felt that way! :)

>> If you have some cool technical ideas though, you might be interested in
>> the BBC Backstage mailing list or the Backstage Idea thingy:

>> http://ideas.welcomebackstage.com/
>>

> I am registered user number 4 on that site :)

:)

>> There are good people in the BBC, lets try and work with them rather
>> than flaming the organisation... :)
>>

> I fail to see how I was flaming, but hey ho.

I just felt the conversation was a bit one sided and could do with
broadening.

I have been in the BBC Manchester R&D department and they have extensive
numbers of posters on the corridor walls of cool things they have done
with free software. DRM'd Iplayer and this game, non-free software is
bad - but I wouldn't say it is characteristic, of the BBC, as was
suggested earlier on.

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net