[ubuntu-uk] Truly, a vanilla install

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 14 08:09:49 GMT 2009

In fact I think I have managed to locate the gnash 0.8.4 and swfdec
0.8.0 packages in synaptic and remove them after all, so I won't have to
re-install the whole of firefox. They have their own little
dependencies, which are still in there but non-removable, so maybe I
should have used the 'complete removal', rather than just 'removal'
buttons, or maybe I should have ticked every one of them rather than the
principal ones alone, but I shall see how I get on with embedded flash
videos in future, anyway, and if necessary do some more experimentation
in synaptic. thanks.