[ubuntu-uk] Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Tue Mar 10 11:24:13 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:54 PM, James Milligan <lake54 at lake54.com> wrote:
> Also the UK hasn't conformed to the EU metric system - 'we' still use
> imperial measurments.

You've lost me there... it's still illegal to not display a metric
weight on goods being sold, I believe... last autumn the government
announced that small traders who did not would not be prosecuted "as
it isn't in the public interest", but they're still technically
breaking the law.

Not sure what the situation is with the weight of a laptop, as the
price is not really related to the weight in the way that, say, Corn
Flakes or apples would be.

Sean