[ubuntu-uk] comprehensively messed up by updates

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Mar 9 09:28:35 GMT 2009

2009/3/9 Rowan Berkeley <rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com>:
> I think Sean's approach is a lot more sensible for someone in my
> position than yours, Al: especially because he included the magic words,
> "It should detect all your hardware fine."

Good luck. Let us know if it does, and if it doesn't I'm sure we can help.

_however_ the solution _even_ if you are on 8.10 _may_ well still
involve downloading some source code and manually compiling it.

Don't think that running the latest version is some kind of panacea of
magic workingness. It might be, but experience tells me it often isnt.