[ubuntu-uk] Running restore disc for Ubuntu

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Thu Mar 5 12:54:24 GMT 2009

I really think you're wasting your time, Rowan, dealing with them.

I am convinced that if you let Ubuntu simply install itself you'll
have all your issues fixed.

It is one of the things we've been taught to do, phone or e-mail the
supplier in the first instance, but when it comes to Linux I have
never felt it to be the right move.  If the machine is not "mature"
(ie. filled with applications, files and whatever) it's often far
better to simply wipe it and start again.

What do others think?

Sean