[ubuntu-uk] Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:59:21 GMT 2009

2009/3/4 Josh Holland <jrh at joshh.co.uk>:
> On 04/03/2009 13:31, Andrew Turner wrote:
>> That's true. If the OEM version of Vista is tied into a particular set
>> of hardware, can I run it in a virtual machine? I don't want to dual
>> boot this shiny new machine ;)
>
> I'm pretty sure that is explicitly forbidden in the EULA. Not 100%
> though.

Seriously, does anyone really care? Most licence agreements are
completely unenforceable and not binding contracts anyway.

OK, so, take your copy, crack it, duplicate it & start selling it on
eBay, you are possibly going to get your collar felt.

But take your own copy which you've bought and run it on your own
machine but not on the bare metal? Who will know, who will care?
You're not doing anything illegal or breaking any laws!

Myself, for use in VMs, I used to recommend TinyXP (hunt for it on the
torrent search engines, e.g. IsoHunt) - but it's run into problems
with Windows Genuine Authentication now. Shame, because it was very
handy.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat, Yahoo & Skype: liamproven
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508