[ubuntu-uk] Non-default driver

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Mar 2 15:31:46 GMT 2009

Rowan wrote:
> I typed that in exactly as you gave it, Al, and got no output at all.
>
> How do I check which ubuntu version I have? I know it goes by very fast
> during the boot sequence, I think it's 24 something.
 > [...]

Hello, Rowan.

To find out which kernel you are running type:

	uname -a

An easy way to find out the distribution of Ubuntu you're running is to
use System Monitor - Click on "System" at the top of the screen, then:

	Administration
		System Monitor
			System

The 'System' Tab shows which version of Ubuntu is installed.

Bye,

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK