[ubuntu-uk] process control charts! Chart software

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Mon Mar 2 12:32:34 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 02:11:05PM +0000, javadayaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i dont know if this is the right place to ask. Does ubuntu/linux have any
> software that can help in plotting charts like pareto and SPC etc? im doing
> a course at work and something like this would be so helpful.

Depending on exactly what you want to plot oocalc or gnumneric might
be able to do it if you're after something more GUI based than
gnuplot.

I'd never heard of pareto or SPC, but a quick google makes me think
oocalc's column and line time should do pareto charts and SPC seems
like a more encompassing thing that has a bunch of different chart
types, some of which you could do with oocalc. Things like flow charts
are a bit different, you can draw them in oodraw (it has a bunch of
shapes for flowcharts), inkscape, kivio or a bunch of similar apps.

       Robert