[ubuntu-uk] Non-default driver

Rowan rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:18:52 GMT 2009

Well, I'm very grateful for that explanation, Sean, I really am. I shall
read it very carefully and digest it slowly - it has taken me two weeks
to even boil down the question to a sufficiently succinct form to be
answerable.

Tell me, do you think there is any good reason, in anybody's minds but
the LinuxCertified engineers, to use a non default driver at all? Is the
"instability" in the r8169 driver a matter of common knowledge, or just
something they dreamed up to make life more confusing?

Rowan