[ubuntu-uk] Listing applications and utilities installed post-installation

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Tue Jun 30 14:53:26 BST 2009

Gordon wrote:
> Ubuntu 9.04
> Is there a way of producing a list of all applications and utilities
> installed by me post-installation from the Ubuntu CD?

Hello, Gordon.

I've got a script that compares the packages installed on two different
machines, or between one machine and a list of packages. I create the
reference list immediately after installation using:

   dpkg --get-selections >distribution_name.sel

Then later run my script e.g.:

   dpkg-dsel localhost distribution_name.sel

Bye,

   Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK