[ubuntu-uk] Website Hacked.....

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Sat Jun 27 17:14:11 BST 2009

I run a website, and there's about 2.5 gigs of information on there. The
whole lot got deleted and the hackers put a picture of advertising who
they were. I have managed to get the host to restore as much as they can
back, well, they way they are trying to.

What is worrying me, is the password was a really strong password, 100
strong according to the password generator, and I was wondering, how
they managed to get in. I cant help worry that it might be through my
netbook. How do I check to see that my computer hasnt been hacked. I
know Ubuntu has a virus checker, but the lst time I tried to use it, it
was finding programs that were viruses, and these were programs in the
Synaptic. I was not able to use it in the end, as I didnt know what was
what. Also is there anything I can do to stop my notebook from being
hacked.

Thanks.

John.,