[ubuntu-uk] usb wireless adapter

Barry Titterton barry_titterton at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 21:16:50 BST 2009

>My brother who is a very recent convert to Ubuntu has a Belkin USB
>Wireless G adapter which he would like to use. In order to do this I
>understand that it is necessary to know the chipset details so could
>someone please tell me if it is possible, using Ubuntu, to get this
>information.
>
>Norman

I am using a Belkin USB WiFi adaptor on an elderly Toshiba laptop running Intrepid and it worked first time; plug and play. Get your brother to give it a try. I am also a recent convert from Windoze so I understand his caution after past experience of the fuss that XP makes over some straight forward jobs. Have faith.

Barry